I love this track ball because of it's comfort. I've always hated having a mousepad on my desk. They use up too much space.And who likes having to move their mouse all over the desktop all day. My wife Shirley is nodding in agreement with me right now. It just seems like a whole lot of extra work to us. We do alot of clicking and copying and pasting and it gets old quick.
It's Great For Games! I also like to play games and this track ball is awesome for PWNing the competition! It's not a professional gaming mouse but it's great for the price plus I don't even think they make professional gaming track balls. If you know of any please post a comment.
I play Freelancer online alot at topfreelancers.net and I usually fly manually when I'm trading just in case pirates attack. Combat in the game has alot of action so during combat it gets very tiring on my hand moving the mouse all over the place and it starts to hurt and I get carpal tunnel syndrome. Then I can't play for awhile and THAT just sucks big time.
I just started playing Star Wars Galaxies too and I don't think I would survive in game without my trackball. What an awesome game by the way.
The solution to my troubles?
The Logitech 4 Button Track Ball!
I found one of these at Wal-Mart some years ago and I fell in love with it soon after. Some people don't like track balls because they seem a bit different but once you get used to it they are way better than any mouse or touch pad. It took me about 2 days to get used to mine but as soon as I did I realized how much better it was and how much less effort and energy I used up than I did using a mouse.
Just the other day I decided that we need another 2 or three of these for our office and for the house because we got a couple new systems just recently. I needed these real fast so I went to Wal-Mart to see if they still have them and alas they don't carry them anymore.
So since I was out I decided to go to Best Buy because it's right around the corner and they don't even have any track balls in their store right now.
So what did I do? Well I came home and got online and I did what I always do when I order parts online. I ordered them from Tiger Direct of course. And what a deal too. Only $19.99 each! I was pretty happy. I think I paid about 40 bucks for the original one I got 5 years ago. Which by the way still works great. It's optical. It doesn't wear out. So I expect it to last another 5 years.
I can't wait to get my new track balls in the mail. These things are so durable I expect they'll be around long after my nephews get their first computer. Which will be about 8 years from now. :-)
Relevant Link
Logitech 4 Button Track Ball
P.S. I got my trackball shipment the very next day and have been enjoying them for about three months with zero problems.

